Case Study: Pantone
Our Expertise and Experience
- Digital Marketing
- Information Architecture
- User Experience
- Website Development
- Global E-Commerce Platform
- New Media
To develop an e-commerce solution that would support global sales and maintain PANTONE's position as the number one choice for colour management. In addition, we support PANTONE Europe with their offline material (design and print) e.g. product brochures, leaflets and specialised press ads.
We started bottom-up, analysing the then disparate and unaffiliated regional data structures and devised an all encompassing database and website architecture with the following features and benefits:
- A platform capable of delivering real time product data and content in any combination of language and currency.
- An e-commerce platform with regional tax, shipping and automated fulfilment capabilities.
- Configurable regional promotions system, empowering the regional sales teams to run promotions sensitive to their audiences.
- A CMS capable of allowing full control over multi-lingual content and multi-currency products and pricing.
- A CMS with a full, controlled migration capability ensuring all content could be previewed on a User Acceptance Testing version of the website before it could go live.
- Integrated, global partner/affiliate system.
A client of ours since 1998, Sagittarius supports PANTONE with most of its European marketing through Advertising, Direct Mail, Exhibitions and Retailer Support. We also developed their global website which has gone on to become a leading edge e-commerce platform, empowering the global sales network to reach new audiences and revenue levels. A truly enterprise-level development, the site supports multiple languages and currencies with options for fulfilment through numerous international delivery channels.
Highlights for Pantone include:
- Numerous product launches
- Increase in worldwide online sales
- 68% reduction in PPC cost with increased revenue
PANTONE is the world’s leading authority on colour technology.
The ‘Love Color’ campaign was launched at IPEX in 2010, the networking centre for the print industry. PANTONE unveiled the ‘PANTONE Plus Series’ to reveal a host of contemporary new colours that supplement the existing global Matching System.
Sagittarius has been PANTONE’s pan-Europe agency since 1998. Following on from their successful online marketing strategy, they developed a highly visual, design-led campaign to drive sales forward in 2011 and continue to deliver PANTONE’s ongoing campaigns.
This integrated campaign targets designers and printers via carefully chosen channels with targeted messages. It combines digital marketing strategies, direct mail and dealer support across a wide range of languages, making a colourful splash worldwide.
So what’s your favourite PANTONE colour? www.pantone.co.uk/plus